Sunday, May 9, 2010

Windows

Look out and see
Clouds drifting by.
Trains chanting in the night.
Trees that dance in the song of the breeze.
Movement all around.

Sit behind the glass and
I am still.
My motion is breath in and out of my lungs.
I am silent.
My sound is the cry of my heart.


The stirrings in my heart are larger than my means.
Oh, they are so much larger than my means.

Soar.
Sing from my toes.
Life full of love.
Inspire.
Immortal.
Memorable.
Fly.
Emotion.
Laughter.
Open.
Full.
Free.
Spinning with arms wide open!
Run as fast as you can.
Sparkle.
Beauty.
Free fall.

One foot in front of the other.
Keep breathing.
Bright eyes.
Vulnerable.
One foot in front of the other.


Please don't forget me God.
I was made for more than this.
I do not despise small beginnings,
Oh, but God, how I LONG for a beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Should be copied to my book of dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you may appreciate Sara Groves' Past the Wishing...

    http://saragroves.com/lyrics/pastthewishing/pastthewishing/

    ...this poem kinda reminds me of that theme.

    ~Andrew

    ReplyDelete