Saturday, May 29, 2010

In the Blink of an Eye

Last night I watched a man die.
It was just a moment.
It could have been so insignificant.
It could have been just the blink of an eye.
It could have been, but it was so much more than that.
A life was lost.

The rescue workers did all they could.
The violent CPR compressions,
the sirens were screaming,
the doctors were waiting,
the machines were ready to shock into life again.

But life is not in our hands.
With all our modern knowledge and medicine and advancements-life is still so fragile, so precious.

Just a moment.
A MOMENT.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Elizabeth Bolton, I know it may be expensive, but your "info" caught my attention. You mentioned your blog, so I thought I would wander over here and see what was what...and I must say, you truly made me smile, and even laugh a little. I totally enjoyed reading your thoughts and insights...you have a way with words that reminds me of L. M. Montgomery or Mark Twain. My name is Matthew, and I too love Pride and Prejudice, and I invite you to view my "info" or drop a note at classicsandsports@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete