Monday, January 11, 2010

To the bachelor......Um, HELLLLO?!!!???!!!!!

I'm about to vent, so bear with me for this one....
So I just finished watching the Bachelor and am just so struck by a few things.
  Number 1: Above all, love is not a game.  It's like watching a train wreck seeing all those people fluff like peacocks, and saying they're looking for "love", when most of them obviously don't even know Love.  Just breaks my heart.

Love is patient. Kind. It doesn't seek its own.  It's not rude, or self seeking, It's not jealous.  And, it is also not simply, or solely an emotion.


True love is a miracle. It's so rare now a days to wait for that miracle, that most people settle for so much less, simply because they have never seen it to recognize it.
It's like thinking for your entire life that broth is delicous and filling, when you've never even had the stew.  Once you do, there's no turning back. There's just no comparison.
Ok, I know, very bad illiteration, but you get the idea.
Theres so much more to love than made up beauty, lust, and a fun date.  That's so empty. Really.

What now becomes so hard for me is, now that I know what love is really like, there is no way I can settle for less.
And, if you're like me, and you've had that miracle once,  it's very hard to ever imagine something that could top it. I mean how can you settle for broth, knowing what is possible?

I believe that it is possible to top what I've had. But, I also believe FULLY that that is a breath only God can breathe, and I intend to wait for Him to exhale - deeply!  :-)
And so now ,I focus my life on living everyday fully.  My love will not be wasted pineing for something that "once was", or could be "someday".  My "someday" is today-everyday, and my "Prince Charming" is my life yet to be lived.

No day left unlived. And that is my motto for this new year.  I will not die an unlived life.  I have said it before, but again I'm inspired, and whether it be through a blog to express a frustration (example "A"), or whether it be through an amazing audition (like the one I plan to nail tomorrow at noon!). I will not leave any day without so much as just one short breath of life in it. 

I just feel so bad for the girls on that show who think that getting married to "the one" will make their lives complete.  I hate seeing people, even friends I know, who put their lives on hold, and lessen their own personal value, simply because they are yet unmarried.

Life doesn't begin and end with marriage and love. 
It took me 27 years to figure that out....I'm not planning to waste more time.
How about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment