Friday, January 22, 2010

Cheese stick musings

Sometimes I look at myself and wonder if I am the "me"  I want to be.  All the things I say I'm passionate about,do they truly describe me? Am I an exact representation of who I say I am?  Of course I know no one can be.  We are all so complex.  But I wonder sometimes, when someone reads my profile page who comes into thier minds. I hope I live up to all I believe in.
Its like that old saying, wanting to be the person your dog thinks you are.
For instance:


I'm quiet, and shy.  Doesn't make you think of an actor.  But that's ok. I am both.


I'm a country girl who lives in the city. And I love both.


I'm single, but plan to adopt. I can be a family.


I'm a Christian, but get so frustrated with "religion".  Yet my faith is real.


I love my family to death and miss them so much when I'm away. But moving away again would be acceptable at the right time.


I'm a thinker and a dreamer, but sometimes I feel so shallow.


I feel so inadequate sometimes, and others I feel like I could conquer the world.


I think its wrong to sit quietly when you could make a difference or speak up.  And sometimes that gets me into trouble.




I was reminded yesterday of a powerful quote.  It's a scripture actually.  I had forgotten it, but it's so powerful.


Romans 8:31
31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?


I can do all things, I can survive and thrive, because I have a God who loves me, that I am getting to know daily on a more personal basis.  He totally has my back. 

If HE loves me, who can come against him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment